Welcome to the Stable32 Web Site
Free download of
Stability Analysis Program
IEEE UFFC web site.
- The Stable32 program for frequency stability
analysis is freely available from the IEEE
Technical Services no longer sells or supports Stable32.
- No support is provided for the
free Version 1.62 of Stable32 except for its on-line help, the included
documentation, and this web site.
- You can buy a printed version of the Stable32 User Manual.
- You can take a virtual tour of the Stable32 program. Tour
- You can download a copy of NIST Special Publication 1065,
Frequency Stability Analysis
- General Information
General information about Hamilton Technical Services.
- Stable32 Program
Information about the Stable32 program
for frequency stability analysis.
- Papers and Publications On-line papers
stability measurements and analysis.
- Data Test data for
frequency stability analysis.
- Software and
about Stable32 and
other software and its documentation.
- Links Links to other web
sites with time and frequency information.
General Information Hamilton Technical Services developed and
sold the Stable program for frequency stability analysis from 1982 until 2017 when
it was donated to the Institute of Electrical and Electronic
Engineers (IEEE) Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency
Control Society (UFFC-S) for free distribution to
the time and frequency community. This web page provides information about the Stable32 program,
test data files, on-line papers providing information about frequency
stability analysis, and links to other sites involving precise time and
| Stable32, a full-featured Windows®
program that provides all the functions needed
to perform analysis of frequency stability data. Click on
the link at the top of this page to download
a free copy of the program. Click on the links
below to obtain a Stable32 data sheet and/or brochure for it. Please ignore all pricing and
Click on the following link to take a virtual tour of the
Papers and PublicationsThe following papers and publications contain information related to frequency stability measurements and
analysis, and the Stable32 program:
The following files contain test data for frequency
- NBS Data The classic set of nine 3-digit numbers
from Annex 8.E of NBS Monograph 140
- Test Suite Data A test suite of 1000
pseudo-random frequency data points
Software and Documentation
The current free version of
Stable32 is Version 1.62 of 11/10/16. See the Stable32 User Manual and its Version 1.62
User Manual Addendum file for more information. If you have an earlier version of
Stable32 and wish to update to the current version, please download it from
the IEEE UFFC web site using the link at the top
of this page. Support for Stable32 from Hamilton Technical Services has ended.
The Stable32 User Manual may be downloaded as an
Adobe PDF document. This is an electronic version of the printed book below.
A printed version of the Stable32 User Manual is available for
A free MJD/DOY calendar utility for Windows 95 and
above is available for downloading. Click on the link below to download the file
22MJDate.exe to a working directory on your hard disk, and then run
it to install the MJDate program.
Links The following links connect to sites
which contain information related to precise time and frequency control:
- BIPM Bureau International des Poids et Mesures
- BNM-LPTF Paris Observatory (France)
- EFTF European Frequency and Time Forum
- GPS Global Positioning System Operations Center
- IEEE Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- IEN Istituto Elettrotecnico Nazionale Galileo
- IERS International Earth Rotation Service
- ION Institute of Navigation
- JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- MJD Get current Modified Julian Date
- NIST National Institute of Standards and Technology
- NGA National Geospatial-Intelligence Agancy (Formerly
- NPL National Physical Laboratory (UK)
- NRC National Research Council (Canada)
- NRL Naval Research Laboratory
- Official U.S. Time
- PTB Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (Germany)
- PTTI Precise Time and Time Interval Meeting
- SP Swedish National Testing and Research Institute
- UFFC Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency
Control Society (IEEE)
- USCG U.S. Coast Guard Navigation Center
- USNO U.S. Naval Observatory
- UTC Offsets and Step
Adjustments of UTC
Copyright 1997-2020 HTS & IEEE UFFC